12.10.2008

Hah-NEW-kuh


Today after I picked up Hunter from school we were going through his backpack and he has a Hanukkah candelabra that he made in school. I'm not gonna lie I really don't know much about Hanukkah. I was asked him if he learned about Hanukkah in school today and he says "No mom, its Hah-NEW-kuh!" So I said "Oh hah-new-kuh, well what is it?" He says "my teacher lives at Hah-NEW-kuh, and it was a miracle. They lit the candle and it stayed lighted for 8 days, it was a miracle, they needed it to be lighted for 8 days." I honestly don't even know enough about it to correct him so I just smiled and told him he has such a good memory. I love him.

So Hunter got in trouble because he was fighting with his brother over a jump rope and started choking him with it. While Kasey was talking to him about it and asking him what his punishment should be Hunter said, "I shouldn't be allowed to play with my friends for sixteen days". So Kasey kind of laughed and said "thats a really long time." and Hunter says "Well, I can handle it".

4 comments:

GrandmaLori said...

I love the boys comments. I laugh so hard. I wish I could tell you about hah-NEW-kuh but I haven't got a clue either. Just focus on the "miracle" part, thats a universal plus!

Love ya!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

How cute!!! Those stories are both so funny. I love Hunter's punishment! haha.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! When I ask Mckinley what her punishment should be for something she just looks at me and laughs like she shouldn't even be punished.

Annie Leavitt said...

too funny. i love it what kids say.