Beautiful scenery!
If they look scared it's because they thought they were going to fall down the mountain. (My fault) lol

Well the boys have been begging forever to go camping so we decided that we better go before it gets any colder. We went up American Fork canyon after Hunter got out of school on Friday and stayed one night. (which was plenty) It actually was really fun. We had awesome time and with fall just starting and the leaves changing colors it was so beautiful. The boys had a blast and I think Hunter ate like 5 smores while we were there. I think that it is the first time that my kids were actually asking to go to bed and we were telling them it wasn't time for bed yet. They couldn't wait to get into the tent and sleep in their sleeping bags. Kasey and I however, weren't so smart when it came to our sleeping arrangements and thought that since our air mattress popped on our last camping excursion that we could just use some extra blankets and that should be comfortable enough. Well let me tell you that it wasn't! I think that I woke up with bruises on my hips. It was so terrible. I woke up like every 30 minutes from the throbbing pain that the hard ground was causing my body. So a bit of advice for your next camping adventure, don't trust your husband when he tells you that some extra blankets will do the trick. No they won't, no they won't.
Well the boys have been begging forever to go camping so we decided that we better go before it gets any colder. We went up American Fork canyon after Hunter got out of school on Friday and stayed one night. (which was plenty) It actually was really fun. We had awesome time and with fall just starting and the leaves changing colors it was so beautiful. The boys had a blast and I think Hunter ate like 5 smores while we were there. I think that it is the first time that my kids were actually asking to go to bed and we were telling them it wasn't time for bed yet. They couldn't wait to get into the tent and sleep in their sleeping bags. Kasey and I however, weren't so smart when it came to our sleeping arrangements and thought that since our air mattress popped on our last camping excursion that we could just use some extra blankets and that should be comfortable enough. Well let me tell you that it wasn't! I think that I woke up with bruises on my hips. It was so terrible. I woke up like every 30 minutes from the throbbing pain that the hard ground was causing my body. So a bit of advice for your next camping adventure, don't trust your husband when he tells you that some extra blankets will do the trick. No they won't, no they won't.


3 comments:
You better get used to that camping. With all the boys in your family, you have a future full of the outdoors.
how fun!! We have been talking about going camping forever and we still haven't, so it is good you guys went before it got too cold. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!
hahaha! that happened to us too but i was 6 months preggo! ouch is right. i was sore for awhile.
that canyone is beautiful though. we are going camping this weekend but need to hang next week for sure!
Post a Comment