9.06.2010

Back to School

This year we started a new tradition in our family. You see, I think traditions are kind of special. We decided to do a big back to school breakfast this year and the boys wanted to take one step further and do breakfast in bed. They decided strawberry waffles and bacon would tickle their fancy and so strawberry waffles it was.
I took two pictures of them eating their breakfast. Aren't they flattering?
Breakfast was a huge hit and I am sure we will be doing this every year from now on.
Then it was off to school. Well after showers and all that fun stuff.
Poor Hunter had an eye infection on the first day of school. Luckily he was able to get an antibiotic in his system starting on Sunday and by Monday morning he wasn't looking too Quasimodo-ish. Poor kid.

I think this is the picture where he told me "Mom no more pictures" I just can't help it Hunter, maybe if you weren't so dang handsome!

And then it was time to go home and get Stockton ready for kindergarden. Wow there has been a countdown going to this day for a looooonnnnnnggggg time now. If there ever was a boy who was excited for school it was Stockton!
Waiting a whole entire 4 hours after Hunter went to school for Stockton to go was like complete and total torture for the poor kid. I thought he was going to jump out of his skin he was so excited. I am hoping this year lives up to his expectations.
Waiting for the bus to come. {too bad it already came like a half hour before this. can you believe the bus comes a whole hour and ten minutes before school starts?! that is a long time for a kid to be on the bus.}
So after we waited and waited and then realized we already missed it, we drove him there. I mean we were going to follow him in the bus anyway.
FINALLY! Does this picture show his excitement or what?!
And the rest is history!! I wanted to get a picture of Stockton in his classroom but parents were not exactly invited in. How rude! :) j/k
We finished off the day with our traditional back to school dinner. This years menu was the same as last. Shepherds Pie, Homemade rolls, salad, cucumbers {Hunter's favorite} and of course some bubbly to make our back to school toasts.
The day was a sucess and I am so proud of my absolutely WONDERFUL children. I think their pretty special! Love you boys.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

i'm glad lucy's not the only one with a ridiculously long bus ride.

and breakfast in bed! you win hands down. best mom ever.