3.23.2010

I miss this face!














But not for long because my brother Mitchell will be returning home from
serving as a full time missionary in the Lansing Michigan Mission tomorrow.
I can't hardly wait! The past two years have some how flown by and lasted
forever all at the same time. I am so proud of him.
He wrote his final letter home yesterday and I think he would
want me to share his words with all of you. He has grown so much and I can
feel the strength of his testimony in his letters.
Can't wait to see you Mitch! We are so proud of you!

His letter:
I can’t believe that this is my last time writing home. I have no clue
where the time went. These past few days I have really been thinking about
my mission and what a blessing it has been to me. I have been getting a lot
of compliments and thanks for the time I sacrificed out of my life to serve
a mission. All I can think about is how much I have gained from my mission
and that besides leaving home it hasn’t really been a sacrifice but a
blessing. I have made so many friends and learned so much, how is that a
sacrifice? I guess all I have to say this week is that I’ll see you in a
couple of days.

The Church of Jesus Christ is once again upon the earth. It was the
most amazing experience to share that with others. Every time I hear the
story of Joseph Smith I feel the spirit. There is nothing like it in the
world than to quote his words when he saw the Father and the Son. Every time
you quote his words the Spirit comes into the room like and explosion. I
think I will miss that the most about my mission. If you teach it the right
way no matter what, the Spirit will come and bear testimony.

On my mission I have had the chance to study and learn more about what
Gods plan is for us. He lives. He is a resurrected being. He sent us here
to become more like him and to prepare ourselves to receive all that he
has. I like to think of the purpose of life like this. If we cannot and
will not try to live a celestial life now, how are we going to live it in
the next life. We need to continue to try and live the life we should and
prepare ourselves for what God has in store for us.

Of course without Christ we would not have a chance. If there is one thing
that I gained a testimony of on the mission, it is that Jesus IS the
Christ. I have felt His Spirit testify to me. I have received strength
from the Atonement that He has provided for us. The reason I know these
things is because of this really rare book. I don’t know if you have heard
of it before. Its call The Book of Mormon! It is a book that can answer
all of these questions that I have had. It has been a source of comfort to
me and it can be a source of comfort to all. The good news is here and I
have learned that I need to take full advantage of it.

I love you guys with all my heart. I can hardly wait another minute to see
you guys, but I have waited two years I think I can handle two days. See
you soon.
Love,
Mitchell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for your family to have Mitchell home. What a great example for Taylor. Thanks for sharing his wonderful testimony.