I have been so behind on blogging that it has been to overwhelming to even try to catch up. I decided I would just do a big huge post and sum up some of the things we have been doing.
Salt Lake Trip:
Kasey's sister Korin got married in September in Salt Lake. It was so fun to go see everyone and get out of the heat! While we were there we went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. We had a great time.
The Beard:
Kasey decided to grow a beard which I begged him to shave off from day one. I am not a facial hair person. He grew it for a month.... it felt like and eternity. We did have some fun shaving it off though.


Crazy cowboy guy
Back to School:
The boys went back to school in August. It is so weird having Hunter in school all day. I wish I could say it was nice but really it is just so much more work for me having to occupy Stockton all day. He is so bored with his brother gone and is usually saying how much he misses him within five minutes of Hunter leaving. So sad.
Stockton is back in school too but it is only for two hours twice a week. Not close to enough for him. He is a child who wants to be kept busy every second.

Hunter at his desk.
Yes I am a copy cat and saw this on other peoples blogs and thought it was a fun tradition to start. Although I don't know how long it will last before my boys think its not cool anymore. I guess they will always love the dinner anyway. Hunter picked out his favorite, Shepherd's Pie and I made home made rolls. Of course we had to have some bubbily and they loved that. It was such a fun night I hope to keep up the tradition every year.


Jam:
I had never made homemade jam before this summer. I have always wanted to but didn't know how and so I was too intimidated. So I talked my Mom into making some with me so she could show me how. It really wasn't that hard. We made Peach, Raspberry Peach, and Strawberry.


Missing Teeth:
Hunter finally lost his first tooth. He has actually lost two now but these are from when he lost his first one. His adult teeth were growing in behind his baby teeth so I was starting to get worried that his teeth were gonna be all messed up if he didn't loose them soon. He is kind of a baby when it comes to pain. (sorry Hunter)
Fishing:
Kasey has been taking the boys fishing. They absolutely love spending time with their Dad. They are so lucky to have such a wonderful Father who loves them so much and spends every minute he can with them. He is always doing something with them whether it is playing ball in the backyard, taking them fishing, camping, reading with them, and on and on. Thank you babe for being such a wonderful Dad. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Yes those are broomsticks in case you were wondering. The whole casting thing was too hard for them at first so Kasey put together these homemade fishing poles. They actually worked quite well except they were kind of heavy.

We have been enjoying our time here in Logandale. Although we miss Orem like crazy and still wish we were there sometimes, we know we are so blessed to be here and for the great job Kasey has right now. Life truly is good!


4 comments:
Wow! Lots going on at the Davis home. I'm glad you posted. You have some darling pictures. You're such a cute mom. I'm sad we missed each other when we were in St. George. Next time for sure! Love ya.
I have to say that "crazy cowboy" picture of Kasey made me bust up laughing. I'm glad that all is going well. We miss you. You could come to book club next week (Oct 21).
It is so fun to see what has been going on with you guys! Love the beard! That's too funny! and Congrats on another boy. Good luck with the name thing....boy names are the hardest for me. Love and miss ya!
It is so good to see what you guys are up to. I love the beard! That cracks me up. And congrats on another boy! Good luck with picking a name....boys names are the hardest for me.
Post a Comment